This 2×4 holder bracket end cap is SIMILAR like the THIN FLIMSY 2×4 joist hangers. What is different i that this is THICK AS HECK and TOUGH as HELL. It isn’t really made for joints, but instead is for mounting 2×4 security bars for door barricades on the INSIDE of the jamb.
My brother uses these 2×4 holder bracket end cap to make stair railings out of nice 2×4… that are also removable.
this 2×4 holder bracket end cap is a compact design
This 2×4 Bar holder is different from what you might find in Lowes and Home Depot because you can install this bar holder on a SINGLE width of a 2×4! Most of the 2×4 bar holders I have seen require a width of at least a 2×6 or 2×8 to install correctly.
The compact installation width of this 2×4 bar holder helps to keep your gates and barns looking neat as a pin.
This can be used when you don’t have enough room to install my other very compact bar holders on the same wall as your 2×4 bar.
For example, many times, doors are put way too close the next wall. This leaves no room for a place to mount a regular 2×4 bar holder. This solves that problem!
Uses for the 2×4 holder bracket end cap:
- Removable Fence: You could make sections of a fence reconfigurable/removable by using these 2×4 security holders. By putting screws in the bigger holes your horses/cattle would not be able to push the 2×4 out!
- Panic Room Barricade Bar: Use to create a panic room in your house. Secure your house better than a regular lock/deadbolt.
- (how? because it makes people’s kicking force be spread across the whole door instead of concentrated on the normal lock.)
- Door barricade can work even if door opens OUT – by putting bar holder bracket on the DOOR and not the door frame!
- French Door Barricade Bar: See the pictures for ONE unique customer who used these bar holders to create a kick board door stopper barricade for french doors. Very clever, and very attractive.
Features 2×4 holder bracket end cap:
- unique design allows an inner door jamb installation
- 1/8 inch galvanized steel with optional powder coat painted construction
- Compact design – only requires a single 2×4 wide to mount upon
- 100% made in America. To be specific, made in Texas.
- If you buy the “RAW” version you can paint it yourself (not hard but my powder coat is better.)